Sunday, July 12, 2009

American Idol Concert Tour Review

Well. Well. It's good that I gave myself a few days to calm down before blogging about the tour or it would have basically been a whole lot of unreadable jibberish that looked a little like this - "OMGhgkjk679ADAMLAMBERtgahhh679q9ue8w5789&%*"

Or something to that effect. (Affect? Effect...)

Anyways. The tour was GREAT. I may have even enjoyed it more than last year, because unfortunately David Cook was disappointing. However, no one this year was disappointing (that I cared about.) Adam was FANTASTIC - the energy in the room when he came out was electrifying (good word). Everyone was just so stoked to see him. Seeing him live was different than anyone else I've ever seen live because he was just so...good. Like, inhuman. ELECTRIFYING, if you will.

Allison, Matt, Kris and Scott were all also very good, and there was nobody bad. Megan was the most disappointing, just because she didn't really connect with the audience at all.

The group song was amazing, mainly because RENEE LOVES JOURNEY. That one song, to be more specific (Don't Stop Believin')

And then AFTERWARDS - oh boy. We got to see them and get SO CLOSE TO THEM IT WAS...electrifying. I touched Kris Allen's palm (not creepily, we high fived) and I squished my hand against Matt Giraud's chest (again, not creepily, I was shoved forward by some weirdo behind me - what kind of thirty year old male freaks out when they see Allison Iraheta? Pedophile. He totally pushed some little kids into the barricades. I feared for my life. Tangent.)

Then Adam Lambert stole my book. I was holding it out for him to sing because people held stuff out and then they got signed but I guess no one else was holding anything as weird as "The Sun Also Rises" because his rep misconstrued my gesture and thought I was giving it to him as a gift. She was like "Thanks, he'll love it" and then she took it. I didn't say anything, because I have to say, the thought of Adam Lambert reading my book - or more specifically Gab's book - makes me a little tingly.

So that was basically my American Idol experience, omitting the part where we got lost afterwards, wandered around downtown Vancouver for an hour and had to take a kabuki cab back to our hotel.

Renee Out

No comments:

Post a Comment