Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Post About Old News for Renee


Firstly and most importantly, I will admit one thing and one thing only: Adam Lambert does have a pretty good voice. However, I will never say that he is a) hot or b) straight.

Now, on to business: Octomommy. I know that this is, like, super duper old news, but Renee apparently lives under a rock and when I referenced it briefly, she gave me a questioning look. So, for Renee only, here's what happened.

Nadya Suleman gave birth to octuplets on January 26th and they all survived. At first, everyone was like, "Oh, how exciting, blahblah." But then, when new information was released about her, people freaked the hell out. Turns out these 8 babies bring her kid count up to 14. YES SHE HAS GIVEN BIRTH TO 14 FREAKING CHILDREN and all throw in vitro fertilization. Slowly, more information about her has been released and stories have changed. She went from not being on well-fare to being on well-fare, receiving worker's compensation and government aid. It's also been released that a few of her other children are disabled and she lives with her parents who are being bankrupted. And there is also a lot of controversy surrounding the artificial insemination vis-a-vis whether the doctor should have implanted 6 embryos (2 split) or not.

This whole story grosses me out. I mean, she's said that she's wanted children since being in high school. I just find the whole thing wrong. Like, she can't support these kids and they're going to have terrible lives. I mean, she has no job! Plus, how can she give them all the attention they need? It just makes me so mad. And then, she has the nerve to ask for donations on her website. As for the doctor, he has a moral obligation and the fact that he didn't uphold that obligation should disbar (is this the right word?) him. 

As for that photo, it is the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

Peace, Gab

No comments:

Post a Comment